Film-Free Waterslide Clear (laser)
requires Film-free glue (sold separately)
- print image on glossy side of decal paper
- Reverse image
- Print settings: glossy heavy weight paper (120-185g), maximum photo resolution.
- cut out image
- leave 2-3mm of margin
- place the cut out image in a bowl of water for around 3-5 seconds. Take out the wet decal and leave it for 30-60 seconds.
- use warm water in winter as cold water could compromise adhesion.
- apply glue on the surface of interest (Type A - Glue W1 - heat dry - good for glossy, smooth surface)
- mount the wet decal face down and press firmly to ensure adherence
- gently peel off the backing paper
- once the decal is in the right spot, spread evenly and remove the wrinkles.
- dab out the excess moisture.
- hair dryer: heat for 2-3 mins, start at low heat then switch to high heat. If any air bubbles form, press to release
- microwave: heat for 3-4 mins, 1 object at a time
- oven: heat for 10-20 mins in the preheated oven at 100C. If you wish to dry multiples at once, heat for more than 1hr.
- once completely dry, peel off the final film with fingertips or a craft knife, be careful not to make scratches as the ink is still weak.
- clean off any remaining glue around the decal with tissue or cloth dabbed in alcohol. Ink does not dissolve in alcohol.
- you can remove the decal with acetone if you wish to restore.
- heating in the oven at 200-250C for 10-20 mins will strengthen the decal.
- for extra gloss and strength, use pre-polycoated product. it can be done by dipping, spraying or painting.